Monday, November 23, 2009

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


I love these books. Why can't I get anyone else in my house to read them? They are so much fun. I think my daughter doesn't want to read them because Artemis is a criminal. But, there is so much more to the story.

It is the story of a boy genius who is a criminal mastermind. He decides to search out fairies because he thinks they still exist. And thus begins the adventure with 6 books in the series so far. These books have a great mix of science fiction and fantasy.

My favorite part about these books are the characters and the dialogue between them. Mulch Diggums, the tunnelling dwarf, is my favorite, although I really love Artemis' bodyguard, Butler, too. There is a lot of humor mixed in which is why they are so fun to read.

Reading Level: Grade 4 & up

Gender: boys & girls

No comments:

Post a Comment